Due to increased security and permissions with Mac OS 10.14 Mojave and 10.15 Catalina, you will be prompted to authorize the Zoom Desktop Client and Zoom Rooms to use the microphone, camera, and on Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, screen recording. You will also be prompted to allow the Zoom Desktop Client to allow others to remotely control your desktop. You can click OK during the initial request and you will be able to use your microphone and camera in Zoom.
- OS 10.14 Mojave or OS 10.15 Catalina
- OS Administrator access
Note: If you upgrade your Zoom Rooms Mac to Mojave or Catalina, keep the keyboard and mouse connected to the computer until you open Zoom and authorize access to the camera and microphone. You will need OS administrator access for the computer.
Permissions for the Zoom Desktop Client
The Zoom Desktop Client may ask you to authorize access to the following permissions, depending on which features you are accessing in Zoom.
- Camera - sharing your video in a meeting or webinar
- Microphone - joining computer audio in a meeting or webinar
- Screen Recording (Mac OS 10.15 Catalina only) - sharing your screen in a meeting or webinar
- Files and Folders (Mac OS 10.15 Catalina only) - sharing and saving files from chat in a meeting or webinar, as well as recording locally to your computer.
- Accessibility - allowing remote control in a meeting
Click the Apple logo at the top left corner of your screen.
Click System Preferences.
Click Security & Privacy.
Click the lock icon at the bottom left corner of the Security & Privacy window.
Enter your OS administrator's username and password.
Click the permission that you need to change: Camera, Microphone, Screen Recording, Files and Folders or Accessibility.
Click the checkbox next to zoom.us.
A window will appear asking you to restart Zoom or the Zoom Rooms application.
- If you need to allow other permissions, click Later. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for any additional permissions you need to enable.
- Once you've allowed all necessary permissions, click Quit Now.
Reopen Zoom or Zoom Rooms and you should now have full access.