Transfer is used to send any call to another extension in one of two ways. You can do a screened transfer by informing the other extension who is calling or you can do a blind transfer without notification.
• While on a call, press the TRANSFER button and dial an extension number or group number. Your call is automatically put on transfer hold. OR
Press a DSS button or station group button. Your call is automatically put on transfer hold.
• Hang up when you hear ringing (this is an unscreened or blind transfer).
Wait for the called party to answer and advise him/her of the call and hang up. If the transfer is refused, you will be reconnected to the outside line when the called station hangs up or you can press TRANSFER to return to the outside party. If you wish to send the call to another extension without waiting for the
first station to hang up, simply press another DSS button.
Press the CALL button or C.O. line button to return to the outside party and begin the transfer process again.
When you are transferring a call to a keyset set for Voice Announce or Auto Answer, the transferred call will always ring.
- After the inside party answers, you may alternate back and forth between the parties by pressing the TRANSFER button.
- If you receive No More Calls tone, that station has no button available to re- ceive another call. Press TRANSFER to return to the other party.
- You cannot transfer an Intercom call by pressing a DSS button.You must press the TRANSFER button and dial the destination extension number.